Friday, September 21, 2012

OPI Princesses Rule!

Today's polish is quite special to me - it's one of the two that started my nail polish obsession. The other one is OPI Austin-tacious Turquoise. It all started earlier this year when I was passing through the duty free at Sydney Airport on my way to New Zealand, when I spotted a bin full of OPI nail polishes with a sign screaming "2 for $25!". In Australia that's a real bargain because OPI retails for $19.95, so I wandered over to have a quick browse. Of course, I already owned a couple of plain red and blue nail polishes, but when my eyes fell on Princesses Rule!, I finally realised that nail polish could be more than just safe reds and nudes. I had a quick google for reviews and swatches and came across The Polishaholic and Scrangie. Thus began my descent into nail polish obsession. The only thing I could think about on the plane was landing in NZ to put my new nail polish on!

So that's a little backstory for you, now on with the review!

Princesses Rule! is a baby pink with strong silver shimmer, almost a foil finish. It's a little sheer, this is 3 coats and there was still a bit of VNL but the strong shimmer helps to hide it. Like all OPI nail polishes it applies like a dream and dries quickly, but it's a tiny bit gritty. Nothing a good top coat can't fix!

I'm not normally a pink person but this is so gorgeous I can't help myself from reaching for it again and again.

Sun

Sun

Shade
In Australia, OPI retails for around $20, and is available at David Jones. But I'll let you in on a little secret... If you're in Sydney, there's a shop called ProNail Supply in Bankstown that sells OPI for $12. Also, apparently Cosmo Cosmetics in the city sells OPI for $13. Happy shopping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...