Saturday, February 9, 2013

KOH Bronzation 149, Home 184 & Green Stardust 201 - Swatches and Review

Oops, I fell off the blogging wagon for a bit there. I've had a hectic few weeks with the launch of Lacquerheads of Oz (I'm part of the admin team!) which has been very exciting, but now the initial setup has calmed down I have a bit more time to do swatches and reviews.

My dad bought me a macro lens for Christmas and I only just got around to playing around with it. I'm so happy with it! And as soon as I saw these KOH polishes I just knew they would be perfect for my first post using this lens.

I swapped for these three nail polishes by Dutch brand KOH at the Aussie Nails Sydney meetup. Duochrome and flakies, be still my beating heart! A fight almost broke out over these but I was lucky enough to snag them. Good thing too, because they are gorgeous.

Home 184 is a shimmering russet brown with  flakies that shift from red to green, and sparse silver shimmer. I used three coats and a top coat to smooth it out.

(Click on the pictures to enlarge them!)





Green Stardust 201 is a dark forest green base with silver and copper micro glitter, and blue-green colour shifting flakies. Again, this needed 3 coats for full opacity, and a top coat for a glossy finish. These all dry a bit matte and bumpy because of the flakies in them.




And here is my favourite... Bronzation 149 is a shimmering antique gold base with multicolour shifting flakies and tiny green-blue-purple iridescent glitter. I love all of them but this one is just so stunning and interesting! I used 3 coats with top coat here.




My only complaint about these is that the base colours tend to cover up the flakies. This may be a good thing for some people, as it tones them down. But in my opinion, the more flakies the better! Either way, the formulas were quick drying and extremely smooth to apply.

Because I swapped for these I'm not sure where the best place to buy them is, but Witoxicity has written a fantastic post about all the different stockists. They're quite pricey but I think they're well worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...