Monday, October 1, 2012

Cult Nails Enigmatic

Enigmatic is one of the polishes I picked up in the last Cult Nails sale and just haven't gotten around to trying. I'm not sure why I bought it - I have plenty of dark, vampy shades already, but this just called out to me for some reason. When it arrived, I was breath taken. In the bottle it's not just a dark purple, it glows with an inner shimmer that is just so beautiful!

Then I put it away in my nail polish drawer and promptly forgot about it. Until today! It's kind of a cold, cloudy day today with plenty of dark ominous clouds (compared to all the swelteringly hot and sunny days we've been having recently), so I was in the mood for a more vampy polish.

Enigmatic is an aubergine/eggplant colour with sparse silver shimmer when viewed indoors. In the sun or direct light, it explodes into a gorgeous eye catching purple shimmer. The first coat was runny and sheer, and I had to start again a couple of times due to cuticle pooling, but if you're careful and apply really thin layers you'll be fine. It's completely opaque after 3 coats. I topped this with a coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast, but honestly it would be smooth and shiny enough without a top coat.

Sun

Sun

Indoors, Natural Light

Indoors, Natural Light
Cult Nails polishes are available from http://www.cultnails.com/ for $10 each. Maria, the creator of Cult Nails, often announces sales on the facebook page, so subscribe to grab a bargain!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...