Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Butter London The Black Knight

Today's NOTD is a quickie but a goodie. The Black Knight was my first Butter London polish. BL isn't easily available in Australia so I hunted high and low for this before I bought it for too much off ebay. Then when I was picking up my parcel I discovered they stock BL at the pharmacy next door to the post office! D'oh!

(Photos courtesy of my new lightbox! Yay!)


The Black Knight is a mix of magenta, blue, red and silver glitters in a black jelly base. It needs 3 coats to be completely opaque, but for a jelly the formula is pretty good as long as you take care to apply thin coats. It's also top coat hungry and dries gritty and dull, so I've used one coat of OPI Top Coat and one coat of Seche Vite on this mani. But look at it sparkle! I love how the colours peek through in the coats underneath.

Sun

Sun
Now I'm sure you'll agree with me that the Butter London bottles are divine and classy, but they are a massive pain in the ass when you're trying to pick a colour to wear from your polish drawer! Because the cap is the same size as the bottle, you can't see the colour when you're looking down on it. So my solution was to cut little strips of scotch tape, paint a swatch on it, then tape it to the lid. It's not the most pretty or elegant solution, but it works! I did this with my Cult Nails bottles as well.



Butter London is available from selected pharmacies and online for around $20. Unfortunately the Butter London website doesn't ship to Australia yet so it's difficult to get some of the latest collections. If you're in the US, BL is stocked at Ulta and Nordstrom, and they have some store-exclusive colours. Check the Butter London website for all those details :)

What do you think? And what is your solution for storing difficult-shaped nail polish bottles?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...