Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pretty Serious In The Night Collection

Notice anything different? I finally made a custom header for my blog! Yay! What do you think?

Apologies in advance for this brief, non-wordy post (or maybe you might like less words?). I have to finish my graduation project next week so I've been really busy trying to catch up. I'll still be posting this week and next but I won't have as much time to write in depth. I'll try and take really good photos to make up for it :)

While Pretty Serious was having their sale on the Hello World! collection, I figured I may as well grab the In The Night collection as well to save on shipping. It's apparently based on a video game called NiGHTS into Dreams, which I've never heard of, but my boyfriend tells me it's outstanding. He said something along the lines of "guy with a magic hat, lots of bright colours". So I think this collection will be pretty interesting!

The collection consists of 6 polishes: Into Dreams, Nightopia, Elliot, Dream Delight, Claris and Nightmaren. These photos are all taken without top coat.

Into Dreams

Into Dreams is a shimmering, vibrant purple. I love that this is a very pure purple, and isn't too dark that it appears black indoors. I seem to have that problem constantly with purples. The formula is fantastic, and it's completely opaque in 2 coats.

Sun

Sun

Sun
Nightopia

Nightopia is a teal green polish with gold shimmer. It applies a little streaky but it's not that noticeable. This is 3 coats.

Sun

Sun

Shade
 Normally I'm really excited by bluish colours like this, but I think I'm a bit "meh" about it because it's a dupe of a polish I already own: b by Bloom San Francisco. San Francisco is a tiny bit greener. The b by Bloom collection was produced exclusively for Target but is now discontinued (they may still be floating around on clearance though).

L-R: Nightopia, San Francisco, Nightopia, San Francisco

L-R: Nightopia, San Francisco, Nightopia, San Francisco

L-R: Nightopia, San Francisco, Nightopia, San Francisco

Elliot

On the Pretty Serious website, Elliot is described as a "sky blue with multi-coloured micro flecks." I think it's actually darker, more like a mid blue, with silver micro flecks. The flecks are difficult to describe. They're not glitter, they're not shimmer - they're kind of like glass flecks, but in a creme polish. I think it might be similar to China Glaze Carribean Blue, but I don't have that polish so I can't do a comparison unfortunately. This is 2 coats of Elliot.

Sun

Sun

Shade

Dream Delight

Dream Delight is jam packed full of dark and light silver glitter. It's pretty thick because of the jelly base but is pretty much opaque in just one coat. This is 2 coats for good measure. It dries gritty so will probably need a couple coats of top coat. I really like this one, I don't own anything like it.

Sun

Sun

Shade

Claris

Claris is one of my favourites from this collection. It's a pink jelly with gold shimmer. Such a beautiful combination, and perfect for spring! I like that the gold is obvious in both sun and indoors. The formula is really easy to apply. This is 3 coats.

Sun

Sun

Sun

Nightmaren

Nightmaren is a gorgeous shimmery warm red with a golden glow. Again, great formula, opaque and smooth in 2 coats. It's a bit streaky in this photo but that might be because I applied it a bit too thickly. It reminds me of a warmer-toned A-England Perceval.

Sun

Shade

Shade
The In The Night collection is available for $9.95 (or the full set at a 10% discount) on the Pretty Serious website. They're also releasing a Halloween collection on October 10th which looks amazing, and a limited edition polish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...