Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Work Friendly Wednesday: OPI Keys to my Karma and MAC Ruby Woo

The one bright colour that is universally acceptable to wear to work is red. I'm not a huge fan of red - I think it's just a bit too plain and commonplace. But I do wear it sometimes to match with an outfit or FOTD. Today I'm matching OPI Keys to my Karma to one of my favourite red lipsticks, MAC Ruby Woo.

OPI Keys to my Karma is a blue-toned red with a jelly-like finish. It's more opaque than a jelly, but has a squishier look than a straight up creme. Because of this, it dries really shiny - the swatch below is without topcoat. I used 3 coats.



MAC Ruby Woo is a blue-toned matte red lipstick. This is the most matte lipstick in MAC's line, and because of this it's very drying, and drags upon application. However, it's so pigmented that I can apply a dab of lip balm on top without worrying about the colour coming off. This is well known as a cult red that looks great on everyone.


What do you think of the matching lip and nail combo? Do you match your nails to your makeup?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...