Sunday, April 14, 2013

Inspired by Shoes of Prey

Do you ever get this feeling when you see something - whether it be a nail polish, an item of clothing, a piece of jewellery - that you absolutely need it in your life? Like, right now, this very instant? That your life up to this moment has been dull, lifeless and full of trivial trinkets, and you just know that once you get your hands on this amazing object, you will float through life on a cloud of rainbows and sparkles?

That is exactly how I felt when I saw this shoe by Shoes of Prey on Instagram yesterday.


Isn't it amazing? Doesn't it just take your breath away? That shockingly beautiful shade of pink, accented by those perfectly formed ruffles with delicate streaks of summer colours?

Unfortunately, common sense decided to come out of hibernation for the first time in months, and I was forced to somehow not spend $299 on a pair of the most beautiful shoes in existence. Because I'm saving for a house. And I know I will never actually get a chance to wear these out. Sigh.

I couldn't get it out of my mind though, so I had to recreate it in mani form. I used Ulta3 Pink Hibiscus, Peach Paradise, Sea Breeze Swirl, Calypso Holiday and OPI Need Sunglasses?.




If you're interested, you can buy the shoes from Shoes of Prey here. If you haven't heard of Shoes of Prey before, they're an Australian company (they ship internationally though!) that allow you to design your perfect pair of shoes. It's actually a really cool concept, and I highly recommend checking out their Hall of Fame for inspiration.

Have you ever felt the same way about an object? That's a silly question, of course you have. What was it? Come on, spill!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...