Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Work Friendly Wednesday - Illamasqua Raindrops

Today's edition of Work Friendly Wednesday features Illamasqua Raindrops. This has become a bit of a cult polish since it was discontinued after its original release a few years ago, so when it was re-released recently I had to get my hands on it to see what all the fuss was about.

Raindrops is a soft grey jelly with white flecks. I used 3 coats for full coverage but the formula is great - there were no streaks or patchiness at all. I can understand why people love it so much. It's a beautiful colour and totally unique.

One of the best things about Illamasqua polishes that make them perfect for workwear are their long-wearing formula. I don't have much time on weeknights to paint my nails, and my OCD tendencies mean I can't stand any sort of chipped nail polish. So it's a real problem when my weekday polish doesn't last at least a few days. All my Illamasquas last at least 3 days with no chipping and minimal tipwear, making them perfect for people with busy schedules.

Sun
Lightbox
Lightbox
Illamasqua are currently not shipping to Australia from their website so this is currently only available from Myer (with free shipping from the Myer website!) for $21. They have also released a Pink Raindrops on their website, which will apparently be stocked soon at Myer as well.

What do you think of Raindrops - worthy of its cult status or not?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...