Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lust Have It! April Box Review

I've had a Lust Have It subscription for ages, and I recently landed a position doing blogger outreach for them which is an LHI fan's dream. I'm still receiving my boxes each month, and even though it's no surprise what's in them (since I help to write the insert cards), here's my as-unbiased-as-possible opinion of all the products I got in my box (which box I get is still a mystery - as much as I wish I could pick, none of the distribution nitty gritty is handled by my office).


Molton Brown Patchouli & Saffron Body Wash, Pink Tiger Nail File and Lint-Free Gauze, ModelCo Fibre Lash Xtend Mascara, Goldwell Dualsenses Extra Volume Shampoo, Lust Have It! Exfoliating Glove


I'll start with a mention of the box that it comes in. I really like this month's pattern, and you all know that my favourite colour is blue. I've been reusing the boxes to store makeup and jewellery in. My only gripe is that the glue holding it together tends to come unstuck, but it can easily be taped back in place.



1. Molton Brown Patchouli & Saffron Body Wash (RRP $39 for 300ml)

I was most excited to get this body wash in my box. I've walked past the Molton Brown shop in the Queen Victoria Building many times, and I've always wanted to try their products, but they're pretty pricey. This smells absolutely amazing.



2. Pink Tiger Nail File & Lint-Free Gauze

I always need nail files so this will come in handy. Apparently the lint-free gauze is great for removing nail polish and makeup without leaving stray bits everywhere, like you sometimes get with cotton pads. The first time I tried these was when we were filming our "How to Paint Your Nails Like a Pro" video, and I ended up pouring the nail polish remover straight through the gauze onto my boss's dining table! So be careful to only use a small amount of remover with these. I'll be interested to see how they go with removing glitter nail polish.



3. ModelCo Fibre Lashxtend Mascara (RRP $28)

I was a bit disappointed to get this as I'd already received the same one in the November box. However, it's a good mascara and it's full size, so I will be using it.



4. Goldwell Dualsenses Extra Volume Shampoo (RRP $20.95 for 300ml)

I recently finished a Goldwell hair mask which I posted about in my Project Pan empties, so I'm keen to try this. I just ran out of shampoo as well so this is great timing. I'm glad it's a 100ml bottle rather than a travel size or sachet.



5. Lust Have It! Exfoliating Glove (RRP $9.50)

This was originally given out in the December box, so it's a shame to see two products in this box being repeated. But this glove is really good for exfoliating before applying fake tan and preventing ingrown hairs. So at least, again, it's a product that I will use.


6. Molton Brown, Pink Tiger & ModelCo Discount Coupons

There's also a 10% off voucher for Molton Brown online, a $20 off voucher for ModelCo online, and a free nail polish when you spend over $50 from Pink Tiger. Pink Tiger sells Duri Rejuvacote (which is my favourite base coat) so that's handy.



Overall, I'm happy with this box. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get the GOSH eyeshadow, Aveda shampoo or Rachel K CC cream which I was really looking forward to trying out. But there are no products in this box that I won't use, so at least nothing will be wasted.

What do you think of this box? What did you get in your Lust Have It April box?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...