Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Nerd Lacquer Pinin' for the Fjords

Nerd Lacquer is a delightful indie brand created by Amanda, who a couple of months ago just disappeared without a trace :( Luckily I managed to grab a bunch of these beautiful crelly (cream-jelly finish) polishes in her last sale, and I am so grateful because they are to die for! Every Nerd Lacquer is so unique and full of depth, and to top it off all the names are nerd-themed! Seriously, even if the polishes were fugly I'd just buy them for the names.

Here is my favourite out of my collection, Pinin' for the Fjords. Every time I look at my nails when I'm wearing this I hear a voice in my head saying "Pinin' for the fjords? Pinin' for the fjoooords??" This polish is so complex I can't even begin to describe what's in it. It's a dusty, pale periwinkle-lavender, packed full of multi-sized silver, blue and dark purple glitter, and a ton of silver microglitter. The crelly finish allows it to be built up to full opacity in 3 coats, while allowing the glitters in all the layers to peek through very subtly. It applies smoothly, but it does dry a bit bumpy so I used one coat of OPI Top Coat and one coat of SV over the top.

The purple colour of this is slightly lighter and less saturated than my pictures show.


Sun

Shade

Shade

Shade
At the moment Nerd Lacquers are only available through swaps, blog sales and ebay. My fingers are crossed that Amanda makes a reappearance someday because I really want to get my hands on some more of these amazing polishes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...