Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ulta3 Pretty Pastels Collection Part 1

Ulta3 have released a new Spring/Summer collection named "Pretty Pastels", which include 6 new pastel shades:


I'm a sucker for pastels and Ulta3, so I picked up 5 of these shades the other day at my local chemist. Today I have 3 of them to show you! Sorry in advance for the inconsistent lighting, the sun was in and out all day today.

First up is Corsican Rose. This is a beautiful soft minty green, but it streaks like crazy. I find with Ulta3 it's best to apply the first two coats really thinly, and then you can go a bit thicker on the third coat. These new polishes are all made in PRC, and streakiness seems to be a running trend in PRC versions unfortunately! I would recommend waiting at least a couple of minutes in between each coat to make sure it's fully dry before applying the next coat with these polishes.

Corsican Rose, 3 coats

Soft Hydrangea is a pale sky blue. Here I have compared it with Spring Shower, a super old Ulta3 colour that I believe is still in rotation. Spring Shower was actually one of the first nail polishes I ever bought way back in high school! I remember my friend and I both bought it from a chemist and it exploded in her bag on the way home.

Anyway, Soft Hydrangea is a touch lighter and greener toned than Spring Shower. The formula is okay, not as streaky as Corsican Rose. Spring Shower had a much smoother formula but mine's made in Australia - if you can find an Australian version definitely pick it up. Either way, they are both pretty colours.

Spring Shower vs Soft Hydrangea, 2 coats each

Finally, here is Orange Blossom. I was looking forward to this colour the most, but unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. In the bottle it's a nice peachy mandarin colour, but on the nail it's more pale and nude-ish. It's got a jelly consistency and there was still VNL after 3 thick coats, but it's not that noticeable in real life.

Orange Blossom, 3 coats

Ulta3 nail polishes cost around $2 each and are available at chemists Australia-wide. They're usually piled in a big bin so you never know what colours you'll find - it's like a lucky dip!

Stay tuned for part 2 of the collection coming in the next few days :) Thanks for reading!

1 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...