Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Aussie Nails Monday - Animal

Welcome to 2013! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Years. I went down to Melbourne to visit the boyfriend's family and get a handful of that famous Melbourne shopping. Surprisingly, I didn't buy anything in the boxing day sales! But I got a couple of cool Christmas presents - Jamie Oliver's 15 minute and 30 minute meals, The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling, the new Harry Potter Book of Spells PS3 game and a new camera lens. I can't wait to use them all! Did you get anything awesome for Christmas or in the boxing day sales?

Today's Aussie Nails Monday theme is Animal. I was planning on doing a leopard print mani but I completely forgot until this afternoon. So I present to you... Pawlish by OPI Doghouse Blues. This is a colour from an old range that OPI released targeted at the pet market. It's supposed to be "quick-dry, one-coat nail colour for pets", according to the blurb on the bottle.

I can't say whether it's more quick-drying than any other OPI polishes, but on my nails it definitely isn't a one-coater. This is three coats. The colour is a nice bright sky blue with a bit of foily sparkle in the sun, but it's pretty streaky.

Sun

Sun

Indoors, natural light
I was going to test it out on my cat's nails but it reeks of chemicals and has a black label, so I wasn't entirely sure that it's actually non-toxic. Also, I have a job interview tomorrow and I don't really fancy turning up with scratches all over my arms, so I decided not to risk it.

Sadly, the Pawlish by OPI line is discontinued, but luckily there is a dupe for us humans - OPI Teal the Cows Come Home. It's the same colour but less streaky, and 3 Free!

L-R: Teal the Cows Come Home, Doghouse Blues, Teal the Cows Come Home, Doghouse Blues

L-R: Teal the Cows Come Home, Doghouse Blues, Teal the Cows Come Home, Doghouse Blues
 And because it is animal week after all, here is a photo of my cat who made my photo area his new bed.


Here are the other girls participating in Aussie Nails Monday:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...