Thursday, January 10, 2013

Essie Bikini So Teeny Swatch & Review

I recently purchased my first Essie creme polishes from Ozsale. Essie are well known for their universally flattering, fairly boring and soft shades, but I was on a "work-appropriate" kick so I bought a bunch of taupes and greens. Luckily I came to my senses before I checked out and bought Bikini So Teeny as well.

Essie Bikini So Teeny is a cornflower blue creme. There's a very sparse silver shimmer running through it in the bottle but it's virtually unnoticeable on the nail. The formula is pretty good, it dries quickly and is easy to apply, but it's a little streaky. It took 3 coats to get it completely opaque and streak-free.





It's a pretty colour, but I don't have much else to say about it. It's a good staple to have in your stash.

Essie nail polishes are available at Myer but they're ridiculously expensive and have hardly any shades. I'd recommend ebay or waiting for them to come up on Ozsale/BrandsExclusive etc.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about expensive Essie! I only tend to buy it when I have a Myer voucher or when they have those x% off all cosmetics deals. Love the colour though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm always drawn to the display juuust in case there's a sale on but I'm always let down by the lack of colours.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...