Monday, December 24, 2012

A-England Swatch Spam

Happy Monday! I'm currently down in Melbourne for Christmas, so I didn't have time to do some nail art for today's Aussie Nails Monday :( Instead, I have some A-England swatch spam! I will be showing you Holy Grail (original), Avalon, Princess Tears and Jane Eyre.

This is the original formula of A-England Holy Grail, now known as the limited edition. It's a very yellow-toned gold with visible particles, which makes it quite brush-strokey, but it's also nice and shimmery. This is 3 coats. I don't really like this colour that much, it's too yellow for my liking and the brush strokes put me off. But it's pretty in its own way.

Overcast

Indoors, natural light

Indoors, natural light
 A-England Avalon is a beauty. It's a vibrant purple with pink shimmer. It's like Pretty Serious Poltergeist Puddle but more red toned. The formula is great, and I only needed 2 coats.
Overcast

Indoors, natural light

Indoors, natural light
A-England Princess Tears is a greyed out lilac with a fascinating subtle green/pink duochrome flash and the signature A-England delicate holographic shimmer. I really love this one. My brush was a bit wonky but even with the tricky application it was easy to apply and smoothed out really nicely. I only used 2 coats here but in the photos I can see there a couple of bald-ish patches so next time I'll probably use 3 coats.
Overcast

Overcast


Indoors, natural light

Indoors, natural light
 A-England Jane Eyre is from the Gothic Beauties collection. It is so gorgeous in the bottle with its shimmering purple-maroon particles in an inky black base. But on the nail it's just so disappointing. The shimmer disappears and it just looks black unless viewed in direct light. On the other hand, it has a really good formula and only needs 1 or 2 coats to be opaque.

Overcast

Indoors, natural light

Indoors, natural light

I  really like A-England as a brand, their polishes are beautiful with usually perfect formulas. Some of their more recent releases have been a little bit hit and miss *cough* She Walks In Beauty *cough* but generally they are pretty good! All of the polishes in this post are available from the A-England website for £9 except for the limited edition Holy Grail, which is £5 and will probably run out of stock at some point.

1 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...