Sunday, December 2, 2012

Aussie Christmas Challenge 1/12 - Red

It's December! And we all know... that means searing heat and Christmas! I love seeing all the indie Christmas collections and seasonal manis created around this time of year, but I always feel a bit disconnected from all the 'wintery' polishes because, obviously, it's summer in Australia. So to stop us Aussies from feeling left out, Elissa from Lissa's Polish Addiction has created an Aussie Christmas Nail Challenge with a different theme every two days. I probably won't be able to keep up with all of them but I'm certainly going to try!

To me, Christmas is all about barbecues, beer, and LOADS of seafood! We always go to my aunt's place for a big family lunch and although the menu changes slightly every year, there is always guaranteed to be mountains of prawns. But I realised just yesterday that because my family is Chinese, I've never actually had Christmas ham. This year I'll be spending Christmas with my boyfriend's family down in Melbourne so fingers crossed that they'll be having more traditional Australian food and I'll finally get to experience my first Christmas ham!

I'm a little late to this challenge, but today's theme is Red. I chose A-England Perceval with a coat of OPI DS Coronation as an accent nail. Perceval is a glowing one-coater red (but this mani uses two coats). I know I've been raving about the sun and the heat during our Christmas, but I like that delicate snow-y look that DS Coronation gives. It's made up of tiny irregular holo silver shards rather than glitter. I used one coat over Perceval for the accent nail.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...