Sunday, December 2, 2012

OPI Did It On 'Em

As you may or may not know, I recently completed my graduation project. We just got our semester results back and I got 95 - way, way better than I was expecting! Rumours were going around the class that the highest result was a credit, and that the tutors didn't want half the class to have their work shown at the end of year exhibition because the standard of work was so awful... At the graduation dinner one of the tutors got pretty drunk and told me not to keep my hopes up about getting good marks. But it must have been a decoy because most of us got awesome marks! So I'm suitably happy, I managed to keep my average mark high and I get to graduate with a distinction. If you are a nosy person like me and want to see my grad project and other related work, you can check it out on my personal website.

That story is related to the polish I'm about to show you in this post! I definitely wouldn't have gotten such a good result if it wasn't for my fantastic supervisor who provided guidance and really pushed me along the whole way. She's a bit of a nail polish addict too, and gifted me four polishes as a Christmas/graduation present - Illamasqua Viridian and Untold, and OPI Need Sunglasses? and Did It On 'Em. It was so nice and unexpected of her. 

Did It On 'Em was released as part of the Nicki Minaj collection earlier this year. It's a really unique and bright greeny-yellow. I think the most accurate term for this colour is chartreuse. The interesting thing about it is that it applies very green, but as it dries it brings out the yellow a lot more. It's such an edgy colour, I love it. The formula was a little sheer, but it evened out and was totally opaque in three coats. These swatches are without top coat.



What do you think of this colour? Is it too out there for you? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...