Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March Nail Art Challenge: Colour Block and Luck

Double whammy today! Instead of combining two themes into one mani like yesterday, I'm just posting two nail art designs in one post.

First up is my mani for the Colour Block theme. I really should be using tape to make it less wobbly, but I'm too impatient. I used Butter London Macbeth, Ulta3 Earl Grey and Chanel Blue Rebel. I'm actually in love with this combination of colours. Blue Rebel is the perfect one coater navy, rich but subdued. Also, Y U SHRINK SO MUCH SECHE VITE? *shakes fist* This photo was taken within an hour of applying top coat and you can already see an unacceptable level of shrinkage.


For the Luck theme, I chose to feature Ulta3 Luck of the Irish as a glitter gradient along with I Love Nail Polish (or I <3 NP) Ginger Spice Latte, over Essie Navigate Her. Now that I've combined green and gold, I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do for the St Patrick's Day theme...


If you follow me on Instagram, or know me in real life, you may know that I saw The Prodigy live last week. I've seen them live before but I never tire of their incredible energy. Even though the entire concert was an exercise in getting elbowed in the face, it was awesome. The support act was Borgore, who admittedly I had never heard of before, apart from this one song:


Again, if you know me in real life at all, you will know that I love cake (and dessert of any kind, really). And that I also hate to share. I suppose that trait is a product of my only child upbringing. I refuse to share any food, even when I order meals that are obviously way too big for me to just eat myself. I mean, I'm fine with letting people take a couple of bites. But I absolutely detest splitting a meal with anyone, especially my boyfriend, whose definition of "taking a sip" is inhaling most of your drink. So when I heard this song, I thought, "This is my life song. Someone has finally written a song about me!"

Combined with this hilarious Hyperbole and a Half comic, I feel it sums up my existence perfectly.
(Source: Hyperbole and a Half)

2 comments:

  1. Oh myyyy! Love the Luck one! Good call on the combo of glitters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was just dying to use Ginger Spice Latte and knew the gold would go well with the green :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...