Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pretty Serious Seriously Randoms: The Pink One & Martian Sea

The Seriously Random collection by Pretty Serious all began when Kaz and Ben decided to post a few bottle shots of early versions of some of the polishes in their lineup. They received an overwhelmingly positive response to some of them, so after some more testing, they released two of them as a 'misfits' collection - the Seriously Randoms. (It's also a cute little play on the name of Kaz's blog, Pretty Random.)

The Pink One is a bright neon pink with blue shimmer. I'm not convinced that it works with my skintone, but it's so eye-searingly bright that I can't help but love it. It's highly pigmented so it only needs 2 thin coats for full coverage, but I used 3 in this swatch because I have freakishly visible nail lines. It also dries really quickly and oh so smooth. I debated for a while whether or not to put top coat over it, and in the end I did but it really didn't make a difference.

Apologies for the underexposed photos. This polish is so bright even my fancy SLR camera couldn't handle the colours!

Sun
Sun
Lightbox
Lightbox
In the words of my boyfriend "It hurts my retinas!"

To be honest, when I first saw Martian Sea in the bottle I wasn't sure if I would like it. The brown base is shifts colour slightly, and in some lights looks like a rich milk chocolate brown, but in others more like a dirty, rusty, brick colour. Kind of like the exact colour of Martian mud (or at least, how I would imagine it to look). This latter colour didn't appeal to me at all, but on the nail it actually looked quite nice due to the colour shifting gold-green-blue shimmer.

This only needed 2 coats for full opacity, and once again dried super smooth and shiny. I actually couldn't get the lid of my top coat open when I did this swatch, so these photos are all without top coat.

Sun
Shade
Lightbox
Lightbox
Isn't that shimmer in the bottle pretty?

The Seriously Randoms are now available for $9.95 on the Pretty Serious website. In fact, they're having a 20% off sale this easter long weekend, get in there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...