Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March Nail Art Challenge: Stripes

Today's theme for the March Nail Art Challenge is Stripes. I received a couple of stamping plates for my birthday so I got all inspired by this nail art by Pshiiit where she layers a stamp over a gradient. I practiced my stamping but it was an epic fail... So I did this half-hearted tape striping mani instead.

I started with a base of Essence Date in the Moonlight and sponged a gradient of Butter London Scouse onto the tips. I then taped off the middle and painted Date in the Moonlight over the sides. I used black on my ring finger to see what it would look like, and I think it looks better. I'll probably redo this mani sometime with a thinner middle stripe, because I really love the way Scouse looks as a gradient.





I was originally planning to use OPI DS Magic, which is a dupe for Scouse (I compared them in this post). But this tragedy happened: 

R.I.P. DS Magic


Luckily, as it's a dupe, I don't need to rush out and replace it. But it's still saddening when you lose a beloved member of your polish army! Have you ever dropped or smashed a nail polish, and which one was it?

1 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...