Today is A and B combined into one post - Alanna Renee Mardi and Black Cherry. Alanna Renee is a new Australian indie brand by Alanna from Pretty Purple Polish. It launched at the beginning of the year, and I was lucky enough to get these two from Alanna herself at the Aussie Nails Sydney meetup.
Mardi is a mix of pink hex glitter and small gold glitter in a pink base. The website claims that the small gold glitters helps build up the opacity so it only needs two coats, but I found I needed three. The formula was excellent and it dried very smoothly, but I would recommend waiting a bit longer between each coat to avoid dragging.
I absolutely love Black Cherry in the bottle. I wore this to Soundwave last week. It's a mix of large and small red hex glitters, large red square glitter and small black hex glitter in a deep red toned purple jelly base. I can't think of a name that would describe how this polish looks more perfectly. It needs three coats for complete opacity, and the base becomes almost black, but in a deep and squishy jelly-ish way.
Bonus photo from the Blink-182 set at Soundwave!
Alanna Renee polishes are available from the Alanna Renee website (Australian shipping only) for $7.99 with free shipping over $50. They will soon be available from Shoppe Eclecticco and Color4Nails with international shipping.
I just got a new job, starting on the 20th! It's more corporate than my previous jobs so I've had to start investing in a new work wardrobe. This is what I've bought over the last few days:
- Witchery Knit Peplum Skirt $89.95. It has a rose gold zip down the front but I think it looks better at the back.
- Witchery Blue Silk Snakeprint Top $99.95. I can't find it on the website but the one in the pic below is similar. I'm really loving blue right now.
- Michael Kors Pressley Cap Toe pump in Stone Suede/Patent. Again, I couldn't find it online but it's the same style as the pumps in the pic below. $112.45
- I really want a Proenza Schouler Leather Satchel ~$2200, but I found this Atmos&here dupe on The Iconic on sale for $28.80 instead. I bought it in black as well for $35.96.
- 1&20 Blackbirds Contrast Shoulder Bag Satchel on sale for $31.96.
- I also want this Witchery Twist Jersey Skirt $79.95, but it might be a bit short for work. I'll have to go back and try it on.
- Total: $399.07. So much for saving, but these are essentials! And I now have $30 Witchery credit. I'm going to make more of an effort to buy only things that are on sale from now on.