Sunday, March 17, 2013

St Patrick's Day

Today's Nail Art March Challenge is St Patrick's Day... Because it's St Patrick's Day today! So I tried these four leaf clover nails using Polish and Panda's handy tutorial. They're really easy, even though you wouldn't be able to tell from the wonkiness of my attempt.

For the clover nails, I started with a base of Ulta3 Corsican Rose. I then painted the clovers with Illamasqua Rampage and painted over them with Pretty Serious Blue Gums on Boxing Day. The accent nail is a base of Rampage with a sponged gradient of Blue Gums and OPI Goldeneye. I can't get over the look of Goldeneye when it's sponged!

Illamasqua Rampage is such a perfect polish. It's a really rich dark rainforest green with a perfect 2 coat formula (like all Illamasqua polishes I've tried). But unfortunately it looks like I won't be buying many more Illamasquas anymore! This one took over 2 months to arrive, after we did a group order way back in January. Several weeks later the fiasco with Royal Mail happened, when they started destroying all nail polish to be sent out of the UK. So we didn't hear from Illamasqua for another few weeks as to the status of our order, and we had no idea what was going on with it. Eventually it just arrived on our doorsteps, and to top it all off the address it came from was an Aussie address! The ridiculous thing is that Illamasqua is made in Australia, and yet they've taken the option to ship to Australia off their website, and the prices are jacked up a ridiculous amount at the counters at Myer. This, combined with their terrible customer service and communication, probably means I will not be purchasing any more of their polishes myself. Which is a real shame because I really like them!



Happy St Patrick's Day! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...