Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Work Friendly Wednesday - Rescue Beauty Lounge Insouciant

Hey everyone! I've decided to start a new post series - Work Friendly Wednesdays. I've just started my new job in a semi-corporate environment so my usual fare of glitter, bright colours and nail art aren't exactly appropriate. Since this job is part time Wednesday - Friday, every Wednesday I'll be showing you the polish I'll be wearing to work that week. Since a lot of people also have jobs that restrict the types of polish you can wear, I hope you will find these posts interesting and useful!


To kick things off, I am wearing Rescue Beauty Lounge Insouciant. This is a greyed out purple based taupe with a very subtle blue shimmer. A common complaint I've heard about RBLs are that the shimmers are evident in the bottle, but barely visible on the nail. Unfortunately, this is true for this polish. I can't see the blue shimmer in normal indoor lighting, but it definitely has a softness that sets it apart from a standard creme finish. The shimmer does show up a little bit in the sun though.

This only needed 2 thin coats, and dried faster than most polishes I'm used to. Perfect for slapping on quickly the night before work.

Lightbox
Sun
Sun
I tried it with a matte top coat it but it looked awful. I think I've finally broken my mattifying obsession!

Rescue Beauty Lounge polishes are available from the RBL website for $20 each. Insouciant is actually limited edition so I'd recommend getting it quick! Shipping is free for international orders over $200.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...